Extremely white and well-hiding acrylate paint for interior walls in living rooms, bedrooms and children's rooms and other similar dry facilities.
Examples of use
Lumi is suitable for interior painting of plaster, concrete, filler treated, brick, cardboard, wallpaper and wooden surfaces, also for cardboard-finished gypsum board, chipboard and wood fibre board surfaces. Suitable for new and previously painted surfaces as well as for surfaces previously treated with alkyd paints, after preparation according to instructions.
- Base paint: AL-base paint
- Colours: White Lumi Paint can be used as such or tinted according to the Lumi colour card and to the light shades of the Feel the Colour- collection.
- Gloss grade: Full-matt
- Coverage: For absorbing surfaces 7-9 m/l. For non-absorbing surfaces 10-12 m/l.
- Packaging: 1 L, 3 L, 10 L
- Thinner: Water
- Application: Roller or spray. Edges can be painted by brush. For airless spray application, use a nozzle 0.017" - 0.021", thinning 0-5 % by volume
- Tool cleaning: Remove excess paint from tools and clean them with water. Tikkurila Tool Cleaner is recommended for removal of hardened paint.
- Drying time at +23 C relative humidity of the air RH 50 %
- Dust dry after 1/2 hour. Re-coatable after 1-2 hours.
- Scrub resistance: 5000 cycles (SFS 3755).
- Chemical resistance: Resists cleaning detergents and weak solvents, e.g. White Spirit.
- Heat resistance: 85°C, ( ISO 4211-3)
- Solids volume: Approx. 40 % depending on the colour.
- Density: Approx. 1.5 kg/l, (ISO 2811)
- Storage: Protect from frost.
- EU VOC 2004/42/EC-limit value(cat A/a) 30g/l(2010) Lumi Interior Paint contains VOC max. 30 g/l.
The surface to be painted must be dry, the temperature of the air at least +5°C, and the relative humidity of the air below 80 %.
New surfaces: Remove dirt and dust from the unpainted surfaces. Fill the surfaces with a suitable Presto filler, if needed, and sand the dried surface. Remove sanding dust. Prime with e.g. Luja Universal Primer or paint directly with Lumi Interior Wall Paint.
Previously painted surfaces: Wash down previously painted surfaces with Maalipesu cleaning detergent and rinse carefully with water. Sand hard and glossy surfaces matt. Remove sanding dust. Fill cracks and holes with a suitable Presto filler and sand the dried surface. Remove sanding dust. Prime with e.g. Luja Universal Primer, if needed, before applying the top coat.
New surfaces: Stir Lumi Interior Wall Paint well before use and thin with water, if necessary. Apply 1-2 times by roller or spray. Edges can be painted by brush.
Maintenance painting: Surfaces painted with Lumi Interior Wall Paint can be recoated with waterborne wall paints. See preparation.
Cleaning earliest abt. 1 month after application of the finish. The surfaces are cleaned with a well squeezed damp sponge or cleaning cloth and neutral (pH 6 – 8) washing detergent. Dilution instructions given by the detergent producer have to be followed by preparing the washing dilution. The surface must be dried after the cleaning. The product achieves its final hardness and durability after one month under normal conditions, therefore the surfaces must be handled with care during this time. If the surfaces need to be cleaned soon after finishing, clean them lightly with a damp cleaning cloth or mop.
Health and safety classification
The product is not classified as dangerous. A Safety Data Sheet is available on request.
Empty cans should be recycled or disposed of in accordance with local regulations. Liquid waste should be destroyed according to the local regulations.
ADR: not classified.